Your 2022 Guide to Streaming

Jan 20, 2022 7:39:00 AM / by Kevin Roberts

Woman watching a video performance on a phone

The irony of writing this blog post is that, according to G2 Crowd, social video now generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. Add in the explosion of TikTok’s popularity and subsequent dominance over social media, and you can quickly understand how important video is to reach and engage with your audience.


Computer and phone showing content with video camera and lightbulb graphics

Maximizing your ROI

Let’s face it, the number one priority of content creators and companies is to produce videos that attract more viewers to increase their bottom line. After all, video production can be a costly endeavor in terms of both time and money. 

So, how do you get the most bang for your buck? Well, if we ask the marketing experts at HubSpot, they would tell you that 52% of surveyed marketers say that video gives them the highest ROI. In an attempt to sway the other 48% of marketers who remain skeptical about making an investment in this visual medium of promotion, here are some persuasive facts about video as an effective marketing tool:

  • 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms. (Tubular Insights)
  • Video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic this year. (Cisco)
  • On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
  • Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
  • Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
  • Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)

And the list of advantages of video goes on and on. Need we say more? For interest’s sake, let’s.


Live stream countdown on a computer

Streaming is at an all-time high

As we all have likely come to realize at some point over the past two years, video streaming is our go-to source of information and entertainment. Whether you’re bingeing a new favorite drama series, a classic movie, or a riveting docuseries, streaming has secured its place as the front-runner in media.

Since COVID-19, streaming viewership has risen by 10% − an increase to an already monumental figure. In fact, Forbes reported that streaming is now watched more than broadcast TV, which makes sense following the shift major networks like NBC and CBS have made to OTT streaming services with Peacock and Paramount+.

Even the sports industry has seen an impressive increase in the number of viewers tuning in to watch games virtually. Last year alone, there were hundreds of millions of viewers watching live and on-demand sporting events on sports streaming platforms.

So, it stands to reason that companies and content creators should follow the lead of these media giants and build their own online video platform (OVP).

Computers showing Vidflex™ custom platforms

Stand out with a custom OVP

Rather than being the “Where’s Waldo” of video creators − hidden among the overwhelming number of videos on public streaming sites − 2022 is the perfect time to build your brand and be seen by more viewers!

With your own OVP, you have complete control over your videos, monetization methods, and overall image. This gives you the competitive edge over companies that rely on public streaming sites and social media to attract new customers.

Most importantly, having your own OVP unlocks the potential of your content by uploading, organizing, and sharing your videos in a way that fits your branding and unique business goals. Whether you’re looking to host a large existing video library or you are just starting to create content, planning for success in a video-centric 2022 means equipping yourself with an attractive and easy-to-use platform.

Head here to learn more about building your own OVP.

Tags: Video Management, Content Creation

Kevin Roberts

Written by Kevin Roberts

Kevin is the Content Specialist at Worldplay, where he develops informative content about online video management and digital marketing.

Add a Comment